Basic text on this page is from Dev Journal posts at forums.galciv2.com.
Each civilization is really unique at doing something. The super abilities are:
- Super Diplomat. Civilization is able to secure much better deals through negotiation that other civilizations.
- Super Dominator. When they go to war, they receive a group of Corvette class ships. The number they receive is based on their military power.
- Super Organizer. When they are attacked, all races of the same ethical alignment will come to their aid.
- Super Warrior. When in battles, they get the first strike ability. That is, their ships attack first and if their opponent survives only then do they return fire.
- Super Breeder. If their approval is 100% their population increases at 4X the normal rate
- Super Isolationist. Can colonize barren worlds and no foreign ship can travel more than 3 spaces per turn in their area of influence.
- Super Trader. Gets all the trade techs at start of game and gets 2X from trade.
- Super Manipulator. Is very good at getting other races to go to war with each other.
- Super Hive. Rather modest boost to range and factories are built significantly quicker.
- Super Adapter. Starts out with aquatic and toxic world technologies.
- Super Annihilator. Can build spore ship which when used on a defenseless colony will eliminate all population and turn it into a toxic world of the same class.
- Super Spy. Gets an agent to start with and can build counter-espionage centers (world becomes immune from agents).
(these aren't all impemented in bta 1 of Dark Avatar).
Super Ability Defaults for Built-in RacesEdit
- Super Diplomat - Terran Alliance
- Super Dominator - Drengin Empire
- Super Organizer - Altarian Resistance
- Super Warrior - Arcean Empire
- Super Breeder - Torian Confederation
- Super Isolationist - Yor Collective
- Super Trader - Dominion of the Korx
- Super Manipulator - Drath Legion
- Super Hive - Thalan Empire
- Super Adapter - Iconian Refuge
- Super Annihilator - Korath Clan
- Super Spy - Krynn Consulate