A speed bonus allows ships built by that civilization to gain additional movement points every turn.
- Extra 1 Parsec/turn (+1 pc) cost: 5 points
- Extra 2 Parsecs/turn (+2 pc) cost: 8 points
- Not very useful in DL (too expensive), where engines were small and cheap.
- Useful in DA with nerfed engines, but still too expansive.
- Killer picks for a custom Super Breeder race, that uses tiny/small hulls for colony ships and constructors (8 points for speed +2, 4 for +30% econ, remaining 3 to whatever one wishes).